Retro Stripey Jumper

Retro Stripey Jumper



Downloadable on Ravelry from Zarina Keyani Designs.

In these first images the model is wearing the original garment.  You can make it in these colours or any of your choice as long as the yarn weight is the same. 





In the pattern a 4ply or fingering weight yarn is called for.  The original pattern uses drops Flora which is a wool and alpaca blend yarn.  I chose other yarn from my stash for the re knit as follows.


Spectrum by The Yarn Lab UK - 300 grams  = Colour A , Light and dark yellows and variegated colours.  4 ply.

Eden by Rowan Camello - 75 grams = Colour B,  A grass green colourway. DK but very thin so will chance it.

Unknown autumnal colours by Manos Del Uruguay 100 grams = Colour C  Browns, oranges, reds and green in a variegated colourway. (Ball band gone walkies!)  4 ply.Needles called for are 3.5 mm UK.

I used a provisional cast on and skipped the 1x1 rib.  I will add the rib at the end.  Sometimes I like to shorten or lengthen the garment and you can do this at the end if you use a provisional cast on.

This is a bottom up jumper knit in the flat.  You could knit it in the round if you wanted but you would have to adjust at the armholes as well to accommodate the round as it were.As mentioned I changed the cast on to a temporary cast on and knit the stripey pattern first then followed the pattern until the armhole area and then carried on.  I didn't make any adjustments to any other part of the pattern.  It was all smooth sailing.  You can if you want, make the armholes larger and the sleeves bigger but I didn't need to.I lengthened the garment by one and a half pattern repeats.  A fun and easy knit!


Comments